Writer | Content Creator | Brand Storyteller
email@example.com – 415-377-9656 – Novato, CA
Find me on LinkedIn
— Experience —
Writer, Content Creator, Brand Storyteller
el CIV Writing & Editorial Services — Novato, CA
7/2016 to Present
- I help clients elevate their brands, build trust and enhance credibility among buyers and other key audiences through compelling content.
- My content spans articles, blog posts, research reports, white papers, sales and marketing materials, web content, executive speeches, presentations and more.
- Clients include Zenith Talent, HRmarketer, Candarine and reThinkData among others.
“Michael is a talented storyteller and advisor on executive level business content. He has been invaluable in brainstorming and coming up with critical content for our presentations, speeches, keynotes and websites.” – Sunil Bagai; CEO, Zenith Talent Corporation
* * * * *
Head Writer & Brand Storyteller
fisher VISTA Marketing Agency — Capitola, CA
1/2012 to 7/2016
- Served 40+ clients, helping them build brand visibility, credibility and market share.
- Collaborated with senior executives and functional leaders on communications strategy and developing key messaging to engage target audiences.
- Created a wide range of content including thought-leadership articles, reports and white papers, marketing and sales collateral, web content, blog posts, press releases and more.
- Oversaw and edited all content by agency’s other marketing and PR writers.
“Mike is one of the best business writers I have ever worked with. He has a very unique blend of skills rarely found in B2B writing: creativity and deep domain expertise.” – Mark Willaman; Founder & President, fisher VISTA and HRmarketer
* * * * *
Content Manager / Copywriter
Clock Four Digital Agency — San Francisco, CA
7/2011 to 12/2011
- Responsible for web content, marketing and sales copywriting, technical writing, script and storyboard creation, and content management.
- Clients included VISA, Corona and Chase Sapphire.
“Mike rescued my project from a less competent writer and was able to work well with a difficult client. He’s a pleasure to work with as he has a sharp wit, calming demeanor, and eloquent way with words. I would work with Mike again any day.” – Michael Chong, Program Manager, Clock Four
* * * * *
Writer and Editor
el CIV Writing & Editorial Services, San Francisco, CA
2/2009 to 7/2011
- Created articles, research reports, white papers, sales and marketing collateral, web content and press releases.
- Worked as Senior Editor for HRmarketer on a consulting basis.
- Clients included LifeCare, HRmarketer, Glowan Consulting, and CableNet among others.
“Mike’s work is always absolutely first-rate.” – George Lieb, CFO, CableNet Services
* * * * *
Manager – Marketing and Media Relations
LifeCare, Inc., Shelton, CT
12/2001 to 1/2009
Simultaneously served the marketing, PR and internal communications functions:
- Marketing—Assisted CMO with annual communications planning, marketing strategy and brand messaging. Also created direct marketing campaigns and marketing collateral.
- PR—Wrote press releases and opinion pieces for senior leaders and subject matter experts.
- Internal Communications—Launched, wrote and edited a quarterly electronic publication (The LifeCare Connection), the monthly Account Management Note, and The LifeCare Medical Director’s Blog.
- Executive Speechwriting—I also wrote speeches and presentations for the executive team.
“After two years of working with Michael there are many reasons for me to endorse him. His marketing communications are stylish and informative, his advertisements are engaging, his press releases are focused, and he always meets the deadline.” – Chuck Green, CMO, LifeCare, Inc.
— ADDITIONAL ROLES —
Writer/Editor, Ovations International Inc. –– 4/1996 to 12/2001. Wrote speeches, by-lined articles, press releases, marketing collateral and a broad array of corporate communications materials for marketing and PR agencies, telecommunications providers, retail companies, and B2B organizations.
GTE Corporation — 8/1991 through 4/1996; Positions held: 1) Executive Speechwriter; 2) Senior Writer/Editor – Corp. Communications; 3) Public Affairs Specialist; 4) Staff Editor – Internal Communications
— EDUCATION —
PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY, State College, PA
Bachelor of Arts 1984
Minor: Creative Writing